[BUG] fileouting a cs does not number automatically ( Looks like a real bug )

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Sun Jul 18 03:28:38 UTC 2004

On Saturday, July 17, 2004, at 12:33 PM, stéphane ducasse wrote:

> Apparently now saving a changeset does not numbers it incrementally
> and automatically when the cs is saved. I do not have time to look
> into that now but this was a cool feature.

Ned wondered if you had the changeSetVersionNumbers preference turned
on, but it looks like I'm seeing a real bug here.  (I have
changeSetVersionNumbers turned on.)

To see the bug:

- start with a fresh 3.7gamma image (changeSetVersionNumbers is turned
on by default)
- open a changesorter and create a new changeset, name it something
like MyChanges
- open a browser and make a code change suchas  creating a new class
('Object subclass: MyClass' or whatever)
- file out MyChanges again.  A prompt comes up 'MyChanges.1.cs already
exists'.  It seems that the version number incrementing is broken.

This must have broken fairly recently... actually I remember running
across it about a week ago and I should have posted a bug report then.
But I don't remember seeing it before then.  Might be worth fixing for
3.7gamma... filing out changesets is a pretty common operation.

- Doug