Connectors 2 giving me fits when loading in new Squeak 3.7 gamma image

John R. Pierce john at pierce.name
Wed Jul 21 02:32:29 UTC 2004

Hi Ned,

I was wanting to try out Connectors 2.0 from SM in my newly created Squeak 3.7
gamma image and I am getting the following errors upon install:

1. A MCVersionInfo error trying to load Connectors-nk.136
2. A MCVersionInfo error trying to load CustomEvents-nk.15
3. A MCVersionInfo error trying to load FlexibleVocabularies-nk.9

I don't remember the exact message, but the file names above are accurate.  I
was able to enter debug mode on each of these errors and find these files in
your MC repository and put them in my package-cache and proceed to the next
error.

Lastly, I got the following error message at the end of the install:

MessageNotUnderstood: NCPartsBin
class>>newPartsBinWithOrientation:from:buttonClass:

Oddly PartsBin class side does not implement this message nor does NCPartsBin in
my image.  I am using a Squeak 3.7 gamma image.

I stopped loading Connectors 2 at this point for fear that I must not have the
necessary requirements or that I might not have a complete installation of
Connectors.  Any thoughts?

Regards,

John