[BUG][FIX] 3.7 Gamma not loading projects

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Jul 23 23:25:38 UTC 2004

El 23/07/04 12:59, "Doug Way" <dway at mailcan.com> escribió:

> At this late stage, any last minute fixes (which should be very few if
> any) should be discussed & decided upon here on squeak-dev.  I don't
> have time to evaluate the appropriateness of every possible fix for
> 3.7gamma versus 3.8alpha.
>
> So in this case, when does this bug occur?  How safe does the fix look?
> etc.  Okay, after loading the fix the preamble has some explanation
> (the bug occurs when loading projects with bad  have TextMorphs), and it
> looks like it just adds some ifNil: guards.
>
> Also, it would be better if you had posted as a reply to Ned's original
> fix post (following the Harvesting Process), which would have made it
> easier for me to look up his original post, which I now see mentions
> that other bug reports are probably related, which indicates that it
> may be a fairly common problem, and worth fixing.
>
> - Doug

Doug

Excuse me if I said "the british are coming".

I send this bug earlier and a very single fix which only check ifNil .
Ned send the correct fix to me ,and because he is a guide I supposed he was
sending the fix following the process.

I have the Stepahane mac cs fileout numbering problem about five days
earlier (and don't send the bug report), and see Ned also fix it and is now
part of image.

Sorry if I do mistakes.

I care about quality of Squeak and dont't like some guy download final image
and have a freeze first time what load a project.

And the last time the problem was what project load , but not create flaps
or moprh what have TextMorphs inside.

Also I confirm Squeak3.7g-5976.image downloaded have this problem too.

So , I only wish Squeak improve and do Spanish tutorials and want to help
any Squeaker.

In a few days I could have more Internet time and join to BFAV and sharing
experience on IRC chat.

And if you have too much work, I wish I ready to help If you send me
instructions.

Un saludo desde el Sur.

Edgar