New Monticello release (was Re: [BUG] Monticello error when loading Connectors 2.0)

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Sat Jul 24 14:51:35 UTC 2004

Hi!

Avi Bryant <avi at beta4.com> wrote:
> On Jul 23, 2004, at 1:07 AM, goran.krampe at bluefish.se wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > Just a quick check - I was messing around yesterday in a 3.6-5424
> > (IIRC)
> > image and tried Monticello 178, I think it barfed because it used
> > #SmalltalkImage.
>
> Yes, it does use SmalltalkImage - what's the correct thing to do here?

Well, I agree it sure is annoying. :) SM is full of checks here and
there to make it work in 3.5, 3.6, 3.7.

> Avoid using the KCP stuff in external packages until the 3.8 release or
> so?  Do we have a policy on this?

Hmmm, no policy as far as I know. Since Monticello is such an important
package - not marked as an "Official package in Basic" yet, but I still
consider it more or less that - it should probably work in the last two
releases IMHO.

So perhaps that is a reasonable policy for "Official packages in
Basic/Full"?

> Ned, what was the reason for the change (in MC) from Smalltalk to
> SmalltalkImage?
>
> Avi

regards, Göran