Using video input in Squeak

Rob Hensley HensleyRj at Rockhurst.edu
Sun Jul 25 17:13:39 UTC 2004

Right. My mentor helped me out with that first little boo-boo. But thanks!
As for the other problem, I'll give that a try. Thanks again!

Rob

	-----Original Message-----
	From: squeak-dev-bounces at lists.squeakfoundation.org on behalf of Yoshiki Ohshima
	Sent: Sun 7/25/2004 8:17 AM
	To: The general-purpose Squeak developers list
	Subject: Re: Using video input in Squeak

	  Hello,

	> This approach doesn't result in the fatal crash, but I do get an "Error:
	> DirectShow: True" error.

	  This error simply indicates that you were trying to initialize the
	subsystem when it is already initialized.  One thing you can do is
	call the class side #shutdown method once and it shouldn't raise this
	error.

	  In regards to the multi-threaded code, you should use the WorldState
	class #addDeferredUIMessage: to avoid the race condition.

	-- Yoshiki