[ENH] Complex

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Mon Jul 26 08:15:00 UTC 2004

Am 22.07.2004 um 22:50 schrieb Richard A. O'Keefe:

> These names are horrible:
> 	> > * an added method  #divideSecureBy: (required six divisions)
> 	> > * an added method #divideFastAndSecureBy: (requires only three
> 	  (1 + 0 i) secureDivisionBy: <arg>
>
> Why not #securelyDividedBy?

I guess because the action should be mentioned first ("devide"), so it's
sorted with together.

> And why would anyone want insecure division
> as a default?

Now that's just a matter of naming.. ;-)

All float calculation is by default strange. So people always need to
be aware
of that. So I personaly would not expect Complex to do anything
special, as
Float itself does not do this either.

      Marcus