[ANN] ODECo 0.1 is available

Nicholas Bennett nicholasjbennett at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 28 01:53:17 UTC 2004

takashi,

sorry if I am breaking etiquette by addressing you directly, please let me
know if I have.

I just loaded up ode and the examples

great fun, fantastic

do you mind if I ask a few questions you might know off the top of your
head?

1 - is one able to specify constraints on the hinge motion? for example to
make an 'elbow'
2 - does it do springs (ODE site says 'rigid body'
3 - I could not figure out how to get a 'sketch' to be a body that would
'swing' off a hinge, if I made a 'bar' 'look like' a sketch it kind of went
dead from an ode perspective
4 - what do you think is the limiting factor for number of bodies? ode or
the squeak graphics?

thanks again
I am looking forward to playing with this

regards,
nicholas