Register article: Forgotten language enables nonstop gadgets

Jim Menard jimm at io.com
Wed Jul 28 12:49:49 UTC 2004

Forgotten language enables nonstop gadgets
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/07/27/esmertec_acquires_oovm/

I love this quote:

"...it uses Smalltalk, rather than modern-day kludges such as Java, which
resembles a modern object-orientated environment in the way that a pub ashtray
resembles a cigar store. (It's also a "highly addictive drug", warn
advocates.)"

The phrase "highly addictive drug" links to Unix Squeak
(http://www-sor.inria.fr/~piumarta/squeak/).

Jim
--
Jim Menard, jimm at io.com, http://www.io.com/~jimm/
"Good code in perl is fine, but there's something about bad code in perl