[ANN] pre pre alpha of SlideshowMorph

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Fri Jul 30 09:40:14 UTC 2004

Hi

as I promised it to myself, I'm reimplementing bookmorph. I'm
developing tests nearly systematically for the new behavior. In fact I
try to specify the behavior before implementing it, this is quite fun.
Because when a bunch of tests run, I'm done :). The current version is
available on Squeak source.

A tentative bookMorph substitute developed test first. Some people may
think that I'm simply reinventing the wheel but I prefer to reinvent a
wheel that rolls and can be transformed into booster than continue
using squared wheels.

For the moment the current version supports:
	- manage multiple pages
	- navigation (control morph)
	- insertion
	- deletion
	- gotopage
	- menu
	- prototype

Next steps:
	- reapplication of prototype

	- save pages
	- search text
	- transition effect

	- automatic numbering
	- bookmark
	- sorting pages
	- assembling presentation from description
	- multiple prototypes (with thumbnails and drag and drop)

If you want to help let me know (I will only accept code with tests if
this is not UI related).
But we can have fun making it becoming much better than bookMorph.

Stef