m17n ready to go

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Fri Jul 30 12:21:28 UTC 2004

Yoshiki Ohshima <Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org> wrote:
>   Hello,
>
> > > As an example, the SqueakMap checkpoints are stored as compressed text. The
> > > SqueakMap loader does something like:
> > >
> > >         contents := (self directory oldFileNamed: fname) ascii upToEnd unzipped.
> > >         stream := (RWBinaryOrTextStream with: contents) reset.
[SNIP]
>   You can always specify your converter.  In this case, something like
>
>          contents := (self directory oldFileNamed: fname) ascii upToEnd unzipped.
>          stream := (MultiByteBinaryOrTextStream with: contents) reset.
>          stream converter: Latin1TextConverter new.
>
> should do it.

Eh... first of all - I am not sure why I send #ascii in that SqueakMap
code, perhaps it shouldn't be there? I don't rememner, I think I copied
that from CodeLoader>>installSegment: or something. Since it is an
ImageSegment in there - not text - what *should* it say?

I understand this needs to be fixed ASAP, otherwise SM doesn't work.

regards, Göran