m17n ready to go

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Fri Jul 30 13:50:29 UTC 2004

On Friday 30 July 2004 5:21 am, goran.krampe at bluefish.se wrote:

> Eh... first of all - I am not sure why I send #ascii in that SqueakMap
> code, perhaps it shouldn't be there? I don't rememner,

First, #ascii doesn't mean that. What it means is "give me a String" (which is
the same thing that #text means). If you want a ByteArray you say #binary.

Unfortunately, #unzipped only works with Strings. But there is an
#asUnzippedStream which (now) gives you a MultiByteBinaryOrTextStream (after
reading in the entire contents, unfortunately, which is what you were doing
anyway).

Ideally, #unzipped should also work with ByteArrays and Streams as well
(perhaps #unzippedContents)?

> I think I copied
> that from CodeLoader>>installSegment: or something. Since it is an
> ImageSegment in there - not text - what *should* it say?
>
> I understand this needs to be fixed ASAP, otherwise SM doesn't work.

I'm working on it.
--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com