m17n ready to go

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Fri Jul 30 13:54:47 UTC 2004

Hi Yoshiki!

Yoshiki Ohshima <Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org> wrote:
>   Göran,
>
> > Eh... first of all - I am not sure why I send #ascii in that SqueakMap
> > code, perhaps it shouldn't be there? I don't rememner, I think I copied
> > that from CodeLoader>>installSegment: or something. Since it is an
> > ImageSegment in there - not text - what *should* it say?
> >
> > I understand this needs to be fixed ASAP, otherwise SM doesn't work.
>
>   I believe that downloading and installing most of the packages from SM
> works, if the package contains only code.
>
>   It isn't still great, and of course the problem should be fixed as
> soon as possible...

Well, Ned was a bit unclear I think - the code he is talking about is
when SMSqueakMap loads a new snapshot of the map itself.
(SMSqueakMap>>reload) Not when you install packages.

So... well, I haven't loaded m17 in any image yet. Does it fail or what?

This code is run whenever you open the SqueakMap2 Package Loader or
select "update map from the net" in the menu, or run "SMSqueakMap
default loadUpdates" - *if* there is a newer snapshot on the server.

And well, you can of course test it in a workspace with:

	SMSqueakMap default reload

> -- Yoshiki

regards, Göran