Morphic and windows

Marcin Tustin mt500 at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Jul 28 19:21:35 UTC 2004

On Wed, Jul 28, 2004 at 11:15:53AM -0700, Ned Konz wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 July 2004 6:53 am, Marcin Tustin wrote:
>
> > 1) Is it possible to get morphic to create a window outside of the squeak
> window
>
> Probably not the way you want to do it. At least, not easily. And not out of
> the box.

	The snipped sections plus tasty hints by developers on this list is probably enough to keep me about, especially given the comedy errors I've had from GNU Smalltalk.

	I was thinking of http://pbl.cc.gatech.edu/cs2390/227, which I'll happily update once I get into the swing of things. One other question: Are there any plans to allow squeak to be configured to use a native widget-set, or is that even already possible by providing a relatively simple set of bindings? (I do of course mean that the squeak side is simple - I'm well aware that the native side is likely to be nasty).