[ENH] FileListFileOpenFix-nk v2 ( Can not install this fix )

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at rnid.org.uk
Tue Jun 1 11:54:31 UTC 2004

> > with a 3.7b and 5923 updates, plus MC, BFAV-1570fbs.mcs, I go
> > to install
> > the three cs associated with this fix.  install first one
> > successfully,
> > go to install second one and get the following walkback
> > Error: PatchArchiveAttachments are not indexable
> > I have tried various install orders, but it appears that once
> > i install
> > any of these 3 cs's, I can not install any other.  I have also
> > experienced this problem with earlier versions eg with update 5905.
>
> Hm, I'm sure I got this working before, since I [er]'d it...
> but now I get a
> similar message - MNU: String>>fullName. Both your error and
> mine seem to
> arise because something gives SimpleServiceEntry>>performServiceFor: a
> String. (I installed the Service changeset, then the FileList
> one, and got a
> walkback installing the BFAV one.)
>
> I'm looking into how the menu gets created for now, trying to
> figure out how
> things should work versus how they do work. I'll likely take
> a while since I
> have to first learn how to use menus in the first place - for
> all I know I
> could simply be barking up the wrong tree.

OK, as a stab in the dark, I added String>>fullName, which returns self. (I
just realised that i could have left the method empty, but I like being
explicit.) That seems to work. Certainly the BFAV attachment installed fine
afterwards.

At any rate, I'd appreciate other minds than mine, preferably more
knowledgeable ones, thinking about this - does String>>fullName make sense?

frank