Debug highlighting question

Nevin Pratt nevin at bountifulbaby.com
Tue Jun 1 20:24:44 UTC 2004

Doug Way wrote:

> Nevin Pratt wrote:
>
>> I've been running 3.5 for awhile now, and am just starting to play
>> with 3.6.  I've noticed a difference in the debugger.
>>
>> In 3.5, I could have "browseWithPrettyPrint" turned on, and
>> everything was just nifty.
>>
>> But in 3.6, when I have "browseWithPrettyPrint" turned on, the
>> debugger tries to highlight the code as if the pretty printer was
>> *not* turned on.  This makes the debugger completely worthless unless
>> I turn pretty printing off.  And, since the debugger is an absolute
>> necessity, the debugger trumps the pretty-printer, thus making the
>> pretty printer worthless.
>

> Some good news for you... this is fixed in 3.7beta.  But it is a
> problem in 3.6.

OK.

How do I advance my system to 3.7?  It used to ask me if I wanted to
advance to the next rev.

As far as my 3.6 goes, I got it from squeakland.org.

I am wanting to run this on a Mac (Panther).  Does the 3.6 VM still work
with 3.7?  If not, where do I get the new one?

Sorry for all the piddly questions...

Nevin

--
Nevin Pratt

Bountiful Baby
http://www.bountifulbaby.com
The Most Complete Reborn Supply Store On The Web!

(801) 992-3137