ObjectiveCPlugin progress

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Wed Jun 2 01:41:14 UTC 2004

On Jun 1, 2004, at 3:58 PM, Marcel Weiher wrote:

> OK, loading this from the repository gets me an error about a
> dependency that needs to be resolved "SmartSyntaxInterpreterPlugin",
> which I can't find in a fresh 3.7 beta image.  Googling reveals that
> this was a proposed rename of "TestInterpreterPlugin", which I can't
> find either, nor the "SmartInterpreterPlugin" that was suggested as a
> better idea.

SmartSyntaxInterpreterPlugin is part of VMMaker.  But you're right that
if you don't need to build the plugin, you can proceed through that
warning.

> So I tried loading it anyway, which proceeds, takes quite some time in
> downloading/installing and then seems to grind to a halt completely in
> initializing.  Does this simply take a long time?  Or do I need to
> resolve that reference?  Or something else?

Hm, it went by relatively quickly for me (the actual load does take a
while because of all the convenience stubs for FoundationKit and AppKit
methods).  I tried it on a fresh 5923 image, with the Squeak 3.7b-5 VM
and the ObjectiveCPlugin already installed.

Which versions are you using?

Avi