Harvesting call! (was Re: Trouble installing Chuck)

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Wed Jun 2 09:26:34 UTC 2004

Hi all!

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?st=E9phane_ducasse?= <ducasse at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:
> > Just for the record - I have on multiple occasions asked for
> > co-maintainers of SM. :)
> >
> > I am still in gather-all-fixes-mode for SM. As soon as I get through
> > those I will start on deps. Really. But I simply must get these FIXes
> > done first.
> >
> > And the beta period is also stealing a bit of my attention, especially
> > since the group of harvesters currently aren't very active - or so it
> > seems.
>
> Yes I think that the excitation of 3.7 is over now so it should be
> released.
> And yes some of the harvesters are tired (me the first). But this is
> related
> to private stuff.

I think we should make at least *one last effort* and focus entirely on
all those FIXes that are in BFAV. Ignore everything else. There are
still a bunch of FIXes we can easily get in at this point - at least
that is my perception of looking in BFAV. Many are small and just needs
some loving reviews/approvals. :)

So I repeat:

Please people - get the latest 3.7beta (5923 as of this writing), load
updates, open package loader and install "BFAV2 Installer" (<- the
*installer*, not something else), fire it up (be patient), filter in
title: "*[FIX]*", look in tabs "reviewed" and "unreviewed", test FIXes
and write reviews.

We have 86 reviewed and 51 unreviewed of those - let's get those numbers
down people! Many of these are good, small and simple fixes - at least
those should get in before we release 3.7.

We also need to go over the Assemble full load script to get it in
shape.

And perhaps tons of other things I am forgetting, but hey. :)

regards, Göran