Problem with update 5947 changes to SimpleServiceEntry and BFAV2

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Wed Jun 9 06:54:27 UTC 2004

Hi guys!

Ned Konz <ned at squeakland.org> wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 June 2004 4:18 pm, goran.krampe at bluefish.se wrote:
>
> > 1. 5947 modified MenuMorph>>lastItem so that
> > Project>>chooseNaturalLanguage doesn't work (help->set language...).
> >
> > 2. We don't know about language files - that was a wrong conclusion
> > after fast IRCing.
> >
> > Sure, the lastItem thing is simple to fix - but are these changes
> > necessary this late in the game?
>
> I am a bit baffled about what exactly was supposed to have been broken. I
> think there may be a bit of overreaction here.

Perhaps. It is very much due to the fact that we are trying to only make
FIXes and not generally ENHs at this time I think. In order to increase
stability.

But sure, if we fasttrack your FIXes and you help out in the possible
fallout :) then I am flexible enough to say go, go, go. :)

[SNIP]
> I posted a fix for the MenuMorph problem with #chooseNaturalLanguage.
>
> I posted a fix for the missing dirAndFileName method in the BFAV.
>
> What else is wrong?

Don't know. :) Did you test loading language files? Ken suspected it
might not work

regards, Göran

PS. No need for us all to get upset - Ken just got a bit stressed out by
the BFAV failing to work. And we might want to try to stick to FIXes and
not enhancements at this point - though I can't say if 5947 was that - I
haven't looked too closely. Perhaps it was just a rather lenghty fix? :)