How did Alan's Turing Award go?

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Fri Jun 11 20:03:44 UTC 2004

I'll note on the .jp page is this definition for Squeak
"Squeak (named for the sound made by a mouse) is provided to R&D people
as an open-platform, open-source program that is used around the world
as a program development environment and as child education software."

Can't say I've heard of that definition before...

On Jun 11, 2004, at 10:27 AM, Dan Ingalls wrote:

> 	- Dan
>

> PS:  This is turning out to be THE year for our fearless leader.  I
> just heard that he has today been named "Laureate" (in the Advanced
> Technology category) by the Inamori Foundation and will receive the
> 2004 Kyoto Prize.  See
> 	http://www.inamori-f.or.jp/KyotoPrizes/contents_e/laureates/
> kp_thisyear.html
> 	http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/2004/Jun/1047805.htm