Default UI preferences for 3.7

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Thu Jun 17 23:43:42 UTC 2004

Russell Penney wrote:

>Is this the pretty print that re-writes your code so it doesn’t work
>anymore? If so then I would say a big no because it is not only misleading
>but dangerous.

I wouldn't worry about that... I don't think I'll even add it to the
voting list. It needs to be off by default for now, otherwise there'll
be rioting in the streets, etc. ;-) Actually, at some point in the
future if we had a *really good* configurable pretty printer, it might
be interesting to turn on by default.

Drag and drop is a close call... it is useful, but I seem to remember it
caused some interaction problems when turned on. Although it's possible
that at least some of these have been fixed. (Ned?)

- Doug