SHOUT request for new preference

Stéphane Rollandin lecteur at zogotounga.net
Wed Jun 23 14:35:52 UTC 2004

Hello,

I would like to suggest a small change in SHOUT settings. While SHOUT is
an extraordinary tool in browsers, it may be somewhat intrusive in
workspaces: often I use a workspace to display some text which is not
code at all. When SHOUT is enabled, such text gets wrongly
syntax-highlighted.

While the best way to deal with this would be I guess to define a
per-workspace setting (such as the existing 'create textual reference to
dropped morphs' toggle), it would be nice to at least have a specific
setting for disabling SHOUT in workspace, having

Workspace>>stylerAboutToStyle:

use
	Preferences syntaxHighlightingInWorkspaces

instead of

	Preferences syntaxHighlightingAsYouType

... and then I think Preferences syntaxHighlightingInWorkspaces should
default to false.

does this make sense ?

regards,

Stef