[ANN] Ambrai Smalltalk on mac OSX

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Fri Jun 25 20:35:47 UTC 2004

> Yes, although I think we can do much better at native OS X UI in
> Squeak with the Objective C bridge, because we have access to the full
> AppKit class library rather than going through the C API as Ambrai
> does.  There are lots of nice things about Ambrai, but I'm bewildered
> that they chose to use Carbon instead of Cocoa for the UI.
>
> For those of us who care about such things, I think there's
> potentially a very nice model there for commercial use of Squeak:
> develop web apps on OS X using a native UI environment, and then
> deploy headless on linux or any other platform you care for.

I try to understand what you imply :).
You mean that some people would be interested to have an environment on
mac OS X that looks like a mac application and not squeak :) and that
they would deploy applications I imagine with Seaside
running on other platforms. Do I imply correctly that this would be
targeted at non squeakers?
Is it correct?

Stef