LEGO MindStorm control

Ned Konz ned at squeakland.org
Mon Jun 28 15:52:47 UTC 2004

[copied to squeak-dev list; replies please to Randy and me...]

On Saturday 26 June 2004 11:45 am, Randy Heiland wrote:

> Is anyone out there controlling your LEGO MindStorm from Squeak?  I
> found this page:
> http://www.eg.bucknell.edu/~lego/
>
> and just attempted to use it, but was unsuccessful.  On closer reading,
> it's probably because I'm using MindStorm Invention 2.0 with an IR tower
> attached via USB.
>
> Any advice/links, etc much appreciated!

Hi Randy,

I have controlled my Mindstorms 1.2 (?) version with Squeak (see the page at
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/2412) but I was using a serial-connected
tower.

I suppose the best bet would be for someone to write something that is
compatible with the newest LEGO SDK (and so would work with all of these
devices): http://mindstorms.lego.com/sdk2/LEGOMindStormsSDK.zip

Anyone out there in Squeak land interested?

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com/squeak/