[BUG] BFAV To headers

Frank Shearar frank at angband.za.org
Tue Jun 29 06:44:10 UTC 2004

I've reposted under a different subject to start a new thread on BFAV.

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 23:57:59 -0400, Doug Way wrote
> On Monday, June 28, 2004, at 07:34 PM, Steven Riggins wrote:
>
> > I wonder what it is that Ned does that breaks Safari rule parsing :)
>
> It's because his reply was through the BFAV tool in Squeak.  I've
> noticed that any BFAV posts to squeak-dev don't make it through
> Apple Mail rule parsing either... I haven't looked into it too
> closely but it may be because those posts have multiple "To:"
> headers, whereas typically you have multiple addresses separated by
> commas in a single "To:" header.
>
> I don't know if this is actually the problem, and whether it's the
> fault of BFAV or the Squeak email sender.

Eeek! According to RFC 2821 section 3.6-ish, To, Cc and Bcc headers may occur
at most once. I'll see if I can get BFAV to send the To headers as a
comma-separated list today lunchtime-ish (in +0100 time).

frank