[BUG] BFAV multiple To: headers

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at rnid.org.uk
Tue Jun 29 13:08:49 UTC 2004

> On Monday 28 June 2004 9:27 pm, I wrote:
> > > I don't know if this is actually the problem, and whether it's the
> > > fault of BFAV or the Squeak email sender.
> >
> > I don't know, though RFC-822 appears to explicitly allow it
>
> And apparently this was fixed in RFC-2822,
> which says that the maximum number of each kind of various
> fields is 1:
>
>    The following table indicates limits on the number of times each
>    field may occur in a message header as well as any special
>    limitations on the use of those fields.  An asterisk next
> to a value
>    in the minimum or maximum column indicates that a special
> restriction
>    appears in the Notes column.
>
> Field           Min number      Max number      Notes
>
> from 		1 	1 	See sender and 3.6.2
> sender 	0* 	1 	MUST occur with multi-address
> from - see 3.6.2
> reply-to 	0 	1
> to 		0 	1
> cc 		0 	1
> bcc 		0 	1
> message-id 0* 	1 	SHOULD be present - see 3.6.4
> in-reply-to 	0* 	1 	SHOULD occur in some replies - see 3.6.4
> references  0* 	1 	SHOULD occur in some replies - see 3.6.4
> subject 	0 	1

Which means that MailMessage should ensure there's only one To header (and
so on), surely? So if you wanted to send a MailMessage to foo, bar and baz,
I'd imagine we'd want to do something like

  mailmsg addRecipient: 'foo'; addRecipient: 'bar'; addRecipient: 'baz'

or

  mailmsg addRecipients: #('foo' 'bar' 'baz').

frank