[BUG] SimpleHierarchicalListMorph does notunderstand#getCurrentSelectionIndex

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Tue Jun 29 22:49:33 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 29 June 2004 3:28 pm, Andreas Raab wrote:

> I disagree - if a key stroke selector has been set it should be called no
> matter what and the client (model) is then responsible to call #arrowKey:
> if it wants to. That's because otherwise you've got a heck of a time
> (subclassing an arbitrary number of classes) if you ever want to be able to
> have "non-standard" responses to arrow keys.

That makes sense to me, too.

However, you didn't do it that way when you wrote PluggableListMorph>>

keyStroke: event
	"Process keys
	specialKeys are things like up, down, etc. ALWAYS HANDLED
	modifierKeys are regular characters either 1) accompanied with ctrl,
	cmd or 2) any character if the list doesn't want to handle basic
	keys (handlesBasicKeys returns false)
	basicKeys are any characters"
	| aChar aSpecialKey |
	(self scrollByKeyboard: event) ifTrue: [^self].
	aChar _ event keyCharacter.
	aSpecialKey _ aChar asciiValue.
	aSpecialKey < 32 ifTrue: [^ self specialKeyPressed: aSpecialKey].
	(event anyModifierKeyPressed or: [self handlesBasicKeys not])
		ifTrue: [^ self modifierKeyPressed: aChar].
	^ self basicKeyPressed: aChar

The first time your code looks at the keystrokeActionSelector is in
modifierKeyPressed:.

Did you have a change of heart?

--
Ned Konz