[Q] How can we make web proxies transparent for the squeak plugin?

Michael Rueger michael at squeakland.org
Tue Mar 2 16:35:48 UTC 2004

Markus Gaelli wrote:

> HTTPSocket stopUsingProxyServer
>
> I don't  have to do something similar for Java / Flash plugins.
>
> Could we make that transparent also?
 > I am on OS-X 10.2

This is (or was? John?) a problem on OS X, as due to a bug in Safari we
can't use the browser to access the web.

What does this mean?
On platforms where this works, Squeak goes through the browser to access
the web thereby utilizing the browser's ability to deal with proxies.

On platforms where this does not work, we connect to the web directly
from within Squeak, but then we don't know what the browser knows.

John McIntosh did a lot of bug fixing lately, so we need to check again.

Thank you for bringing this up!

Michael