Back to the issue... (was RE: Squeak coding style...)

tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Wed Mar 3 03:19:31 UTC 2004

Andreas Raab wrote:
> For example, I believe that the embarrassment of having a big red "THIS
> CLASS HAS NO COMMENT" sprayed right over your face will have quite an impact
> on the quality of class comments long-term. This is a wonderful addition
> both in terms of usability as well as in terms of educating people *why*
> they should write class comments.
Perhaps this should be expanded so that uncommented methods (perhaps
testing for more than a smallish number of bytecodes?) also have such a
comment automagically added? Since we have the writers initials
(normally) we could even make it be something like

"That idiot tpr has not bothered to comment this method. What a loser"

tim