[UPDATES] 57 for Squeak3.7alpha

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Wed Mar 3 07:55:40 UTC 2004

Doug Way <dway at mailcan.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 2, 2004, at 09:31 PM, German Morales wrote:
> > It seems that Doug Way wrote:
> >> 5764GenieRemoval-nk -- Ned Konz -- 14 February 2004
> >
> > When I update a clean image (from 5707), this last change set doesn't
> > finish with the traditional "File BlahBlah.cs successfully filed in to
> > change set BlahBlah".
> >
> > Should I care?
>
> Hmm, maybe.  This happens for me too, although the changeset looks okay
> in the changesorter.  I haven't looked into why this happens.  Any
> idea, Ned?

Yep, look in the postscript, last line:
Project spawnNewProcessAndTerminateOld: true.

Same trick I used in my SM bootStrap - it essentially kills the running
Process. Possibly because Ned don't want the code running that is filing
in the .cs to return - because it would possibly be running old Obsolete
code etc.

So short answer is - it is intentional. :)

regards, Göran