Back to the issue... (was RE: Squeak coding style...)

ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Wed Mar 3 09:09:31 UTC 2004

I totally agree, We were stupid with roel not to have done it before
because this is years
that were convinced about that. May be if we could find a trick for
method (may be not tested would be cool too
but too difficult)
I did not had the time to see what romain did but having a tool like
the RB coverage browser in Squeak will become important
for test freaks.

> For example, I believe that the embarrassment of having a big red "THIS
> CLASS HAS NO COMMENT" sprayed right over your face will have quite an
> impact
> on the quality of class comments long-term. This is a wonderful
> addition
> both in terms of usability as well as in terms of educating people
> *why*
> they should write class comments.

I was thinking again recently of: what are the next generation of IDE?
What can we do now with all the unused cpu cycle. The traits browser
identifying
self sends that to methods not implemented is one way. The pretty
printer of Smalltalk/x
or RB color editing while typing or the eclipse suggestion/tips are
directions.
That's why I would like to see Whisker integrated with the StarBrowser.

But I'm sad because I'm doing too much little stuff and not a single
big one.
Stef