[BUG][FIX] TestRunner UI interaction

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed Mar 3 18:23:03 UTC 2004

Okay, to throw in a little more oil into the fire: I just realized that
TestRunner is broken even worse with all of the magic background process
stuff. Most recent example: If you debug an individual test #tearDown is
actually being called right away. Example:

FooTest>>setUp
    testStarted := false.

FooTest>>testError
    testStarted := true.
    self error: 'failure simulation'.

FooTest>>testFailure
    testStarted := true.
    self assert: false

FooTest>>cleanUp
    self assert: testStarted.

Now run the test once; it will show one failure and one error. Fine. Now
click on each of the tests to get the debugger. Bummer! Duh ... sure
explains why I had such problems when I wrote the ClassBuilderFormatTests.
So whatever background process magic is in test runner, no matter how
useful, it is utterly broken.

BTW, SUnit *used* to have tests itself, are they anywhere?

Cheers,
  - Andreas