[BUG?] Exception handle

Boris Gaertner Boris.Gaertner at gmx.net
Thu Mar 4 11:58:36 UTC 2004

From: <goran.krampe at bluefish.se>
To: "The general-purpose Squeak developers list"
Sent: Thursday, March 04, 2004 9:25 AM
Subject: Re: [BUG?] Exception handle

> Hi all!
>
> Masashi Umezawa <umejava at mars.dti.ne.jp> wrote:
> > But,
> >
> > [1/0] ifCurtailed: [self halt].
> >
> > does not halt even if we push the 'abandon' button.
> > (It was his original test code, anyway).
>
> Just for info:
> I tested this in 3.2 and 3.4 - works there. Abandon gives the "self
> halt" notifier.
> Does not work in 3.7-5763. No halt encountered after Abandon.
>
> regards, Göran

Seems that now we get closer to a problem.

In 3.2, we have in  Debugger>>windowIsClosing:

  interruptedProcess terminate.

In 3.6, this was changed to:

   [interruptedProcess terminate] on: Error do: [].

which catches the  Halt, too. This came in
change set 5357. It is however not sufficient to
simply undo that change - more work is credibly
required. Anthony, can you please look at this
again ?

thank you a lot,
Boris