[Q]Why 'browse' was removed?

ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Thu Mar 4 18:44:54 UTC 2004

Because it was introducing dependency between the browser and the core
of class. This is like having a popUp menu
in the middle of some deep class functionality.
Now we can do:

	Browser fullOnClass: Point

If we would have a package mechanism by default ***in*** squeak. Then
we could express that
browse is added on Class and on Object when the Browser package is
loaded. And we could get a small Class/Object
when we do not have the Browser loaded. I think that at the nothing is
wrong to have browse in Object or Behavior
except that this induces a completely different strategy to manage
mess: this is related to the idea of having a build
process out of packages to create an image versus stripping it (with
all the problems you get).

Stef