A trick about running tests without SUNIT runner

ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Thu Mar 4 19:48:12 UTC 2004

Hi

I ***really*** appreciate people that submit tests. You are great! I'm
learning a lot reading your tests:)
and this is so cool to run the tests and get a green bar.

Now my point: In squeak we do not have yet (in the harvester image :) a
way to run the test without
SUnit runner interaction. A trick that I use often while writing tests
is to add "self run: #..." as a comment
This way I can while browsing the class execute the test without any UI.

testPeekerUnhibernateBug
	"self run: #testPeekerUnhibernateBug"

	| bitBlt |
	bitBlt := BitBlt bitPeekerFromForm: Display.
	bitBlt destForm hibernate.
	self shouldnt:[bitBlt pixelAt: 1 at 1] raise: Error.

Ok this works only in browser. So we could have BitBltTest

testPeekerUnhibernateBug
	"BitBltTest run: #testPeekerUnhibernateBug"

	| bitBlt |
	bitBlt := BitBlt bitPeekerFromForm: Display.
	bitBlt destForm hibernate.
	self shouldnt:[bitBlt pixelAt: 1 at 1] raise: Error.

Stef:  1 run, 1 passed, 0 failed, 0 errors