Persistent Workspace

Trygve Reenskaug trygver at ifi.uio.no
Fri Mar 5 11:11:30 UTC 2004

Lex,
My PersistentWorkspace lives as a Text on disk. This makes it easy to move
it from one image to another.

A class also lives in disk (in a changes file or something) and can easily
be filed into another image.

A workspace variable is like an instance (or class) variable. I guess it
would be easy to store its specification on disk. What would be stored
would be the name of a slot, not its value.

Values in a Workspace could be saved with e.g., storeOn: and read with
readFrom: This _could_ be done i a PersistentWorkspace, but not in a class.
Is that what you mean?

--Trygve

Trygve Reenskaug      mailto: trygver at ifi.uio.no
Morgedalsvn. 5A       http://heim.ifi.uio.no/~trygver
N-0378 Oslo           Tel: (+47) 22 49 57 27
Norway