[BUG][BFAV2] Reviewing posts is once again resorting the type tags ( [closed] fixed in BFAV 2.09 )

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Fri Mar 5 23:51:21 UTC 2004

brentvukmer at yahoo.com wrote:

>Due to Doug's request and Ken's comment's during last night's harvesting
>party, I have put out a 2.09 release.   This bug seemed serious enough
>that immediate response was needed.   I have done some quick testing and
>it looks like I've fixed the problem, but definitely this needs further
>testing.
>
>I went ahead and deleted the BFAV 2.08 release, since it was never
>officially published.  FWIW, I was trying to use the SM functionality of
>"publishing" a package release there, but the Package Loader does not
>yet reflect that functionality, so people were getting 2.08 installed
>with no warning of "this is not a published release" or anything.
>
> I hate to jump the gun on the new maintainers, and don't plan to do so
>in the future.  I think that Tom and Frank will stabilize the BFAV2 and
>significantly improve its quality.
>
>My apologies to Doug, Ken and the other harvesters for the crappy
>product I've put out; I really am sorry to have caused headaches.

No need to apologize, bugs happen.  Just that this particular one was
pretty nasty. :)  But thanks for fixing it quickly.

Actually I had also been thinking that there is a need for a publishing
concept on SM for stable releases... it sounds like that is in the
works, which is good.  You could then have a script which loads the
latest "published" (or stable) release of a package on SM, not
necessarily the very latest release.  Is the Package Loader going to be
enhanced to handle this soon?

- Doug