[BUG]UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #containsPoint:

Ned Konz ned at squeakland.org
Sat Mar 6 23:23:50 UTC 2004

On Saturday 06 March 2004 12:22 pm, MAILER-DAEMON at unibe.ch wrote:
> in 3.6, I get that when I used the turtle nathanael developed. the sar
> is available
> on http://kilana.unibe.ch:9090/caroandbot/
>
> What is really strange is that  aMorph is the world when I inspect
> in the debugger I get an object, when I execute aMorph fullBounds I
> get a rectangle and this rectangle executes perfectly the code.
>
> My impression is that this is always this mac bug that nathanael was
> tracking
> and that I reported again some days ago. May be it would be good to try
> get it. This is annoying and really a problem for my book in the long
> turn
> because if the environment is unstable I will have to say that this is
> not working
> on mac.

Stef (I assume that's who MAILER-DAEMON is)...

As long as you aren't calling back into Morphic from other Processes this
shouldn't happen.

Are you sure you aren't doing that?

A quick browse at the code shows:

* there are a number of method reversions in the MW-SD code that may break
things, since that code is from 3.2/4917 and there have been a lot of changes
since then (I've attached a ConflictCatcher log)

* you've got a number of strange combinations of line endings in the files

* the AniTurtle stuff could be calling invalidRect:from: from a non-UI process
(I think); I don't know if this could cause the problem you're seeing.

* are you *sure* that no methods are being invoked on either the Hand or the
World (directly or indirectly) from background processes?

* Andrew Black said (as I recall) that he'd found a bug in Nathanael's Monitor
implementation; is it possible you're running into that?

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com/squeak/