Error trying to install GOODS client

Germán S. Arduino gsa at softhome.net
Sun Mar 7 12:50:39 UTC 2004

Thanks Avi.

"Avi Bryant" <avi at beta4.com> escribió en el mensaje
news:8D8FF676-6FC0-11D8-896C-000A95DB7844 at beta4.com...

On Mar 6, 2004, at 2:39 PM, Germán S. Arduino wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I'm trying to install GOODS client in a Squeak 3.7 Alpha #5764 and I'm
> getting the next error:
>
> Error ocurred during install: PseudoClass>>isMetaClass
>
> with both GOODS versions (58 and 43).
>
> Any help will be appreciated.

This is a problem I posted about earlier - older versions of Monticello
are broken by the most recent batch of updates because #isMetaClass was
replaced by #isMeta in PseudoClass.  As I said earlier, the simplest
way to fix this is to add

isMetaClass
   ^ self isMeta

to PseudoClass.

If you start with a fresh 3.7a image and install the latest version of
Monticello you won't run into this problem.

It occurs to me that it might be useful to add an #unloadMonticello
option to MCInstaller so that in cases like this that make normal
upgrades difficult (and some are much worse than this), you could
completely dump MC from an image and then bring in a new version...