[Noob] Debugging stuff with Workspace.

Alan Grimes alangrimes at starpower.net
Mon Mar 8 01:20:02 UTC 2004

I realized that I wasn't going to get much further with my OS design
untill I started playing with live instances.

So I pulled up a workspace and ran this:

| tester |
tester _ Sphere new.
tester explore.

OK...

I now have an Explorer...

In the inspector window, I can usually run code like:

"self color: Color green."

I tried the equivalent here but it didn't work. =(

OK...

Since I thought I had created a variable "tester" in the Workspace so I
simply wrote another line:

tester initialize.   ( for some reason my initialize routine didn't
execute itself from the previous code... )

and, to my supprise, Workspace acted as though it had never heard of it!

I don't see how this could be a GC issue because I still had the
explorer window open...

I hate to admit it but I'm stumped... =\

How am I supposed to do what I'm trying to do?