Another MC nasty questions

ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Sun Mar 7 21:52:34 UTC 2004

hi

Question (1)

In MC and MW both systems define the method

MethodReference>>class: aClass selector: aSymbol
	"
	MethodReference class: Object selector: #yourself
	MethodReference class: Object class selector: #readFrom:
	"
	^ self new setClass: aClass methodSymbol: aSymbol stringVersion: nil

Which seems to show that this method is clearly missing. But what can I
do because
when I plan to be able to use MW without loading MC before. So I could
use the
*override-.. trick. Am I correct?

Question (2)
	If I want to package changes that are only extending existing classes,
do I have to create an
	empty category and put *... to all my extensions?

	Do I have to do the same when I want to bundle together existing
packages? I guess yes
	So this is not really good because I will generate a lot of empty
categories.

Stef