SqueakPeople, SqueakSource, SqueakMap

Lukas Renggli renggli at student.unibe.ch
Mon Mar 8 09:02:11 UTC 2004

Hi,

> Since I haven't yet implemented the replication mechanism making this
> use possible (the idea of simply making local modifications to the map
> and then "committing them" to the master) the new sites have created
> their own models. And perhaps they would have done so anyway,
> especially
> SqP since it is a borrowed codebase.

we had a look at the SM model, but we found that we need something more
fine-grained. Judge for yourself if this could have been done by reusing
the code of SM. We currently have the following roles in SqueakSource:

- A *Superuser* (global role) has all the rights in all the projects.
This is useful if you need to change somebody's password or need to
clean up things.

- An *Admin* (project based role) is able modify the project settings,
create releases, read and commit to the project-repository.

- A *Developer* (project based role) is able to read and commit to the
project-repository.

- A *Guest* (project based role) is able to read from the project-
repository.

- Usually anyone else is able to read released versions only (like
SqueakMap), however a project-admin might give read or read-and-write
permission to everybody in his project if he wants.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli