[ANN] OmniBrowser

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Mon Mar 8 19:51:44 UTC 2004

On Mar 8, 2004, at 9:39 AM, Romain Robbes wrote:

> Hi Colin,
>
> I had a quick look at your OmniBrowser, and it seems very promising ...
> I'll have to look inside it further, but it seems to be easily
> extensible
> and therefore the ideal base to build new tools on ;-).

For those interested in the inner workings of OB, I've uploaded some
preliminary documentation to the OmniBrowser home page:

http://www.wiresong.ca/ob/

I expect future additions to be "task based." For example, the next
couple of topics I address will probably be "How to implemented a node
class." and "How to create a metagraph." Feedback appreciated, of
course.

> I especially like the possibility to browse only a package (is it
> extensible
> to several packages ?), and your "chase implementors" functionality).

I'm really starting to like the package browser. It's really convenient
to browse just the package I'm working on, and especially nice to be
able to limit the implementors and senders searches to just that
package.

> And it seems to be extensively tested :-).

My to do list has some tests that are still missing, but I think the
coverage is generally pretty good.

Thanks for the feedback.

Colin