Executing Parse Trees

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Tue Mar 9 21:19:10 UTC 2004

Am 09.03.2004 um 21:26 schrieb ducasse:

> Dan
>
> If my memory is right marcus denker discussed about that. May be this
> was not that and more on getting rid of files.

Yes, not realy related to executing parsetrees. I did some
experiments/thinking about replacing the bytecodes with
serialized parsetrees and then convert those (just in time) into the
form needed (be it text, eToy-Tiles, or bytecode).
I havn't yet done much on this besides some work on the aosta stuff:

> Dan there was also the aosta mailing-list where they were doing the
> JIT in Smalltalk. (ask elliot)

I got aosta to work on Squeak and hacked the frontend to parse Squeak
Bytecodes into SSA-Form.
A simple (and not yet complete) code-generator can make bytecode from
that.  Already works for
small examples, but it can't yet recompile the image.

Don't know if that is interesting in this context.

          Marcus

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de