Minor bugs in squeak 3.6 BFAV

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Tue Mar 9 23:02:14 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 16:25, Samuel Tardieu wrote:

> Ken> I believe what has happened is that you have installed the
> Ken> package labelled 'BFAV2' and not 'BFAV2 Installer'.  'BFAV2' is
> Ken> just the code for BFAV2 with none of its dependencies'.  'BFAV2
> Ken> Installer' is an installer which installs BFAV2 and all of its
> Ken> dependencies.  Please install 'BFAV2 Installer'.
>
> I just did that and ran into the same problem as Marcelo. My image
> version is 3.7alpha #5764. I used "BFAV2 Installer".

That's pretty strange.  I can't reproduce it.

I started with a 3.7a-5764 image/changes loaded from

ftp://st.cs.uiuc.edu/pub/Smalltalk/Squeak/3.7alpha/Squeak3.7a-5764.zip

I opened Package Loader, installed BFAV2 Installer.  Said no to the pop
up that asks me if I would like to open it.  Chose to open it from the
open... menu under the world menu.  And it opened just fine with no
errors.  I suspect you must have something else installed that is
interfering.  Or?

You or either going to have to debug this issue further yourself or
someone is going to have to provide a full debug log at the very least.

Ken