[FIX] Proper Endianness restoration

Yoshiki Ohshima Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org
Wed Mar 10 06:43:24 UTC 2004

  Hello,

> The endianness issue has not been completely resolved yet... the
> ability to save TTFonts in a text format which can be loaded on both
> Mac & Windows still isn't working just yet. (see my previous pic with
> the rotated fonts)

  Yeah, it looks somewhat not as simple.  I'll wait for Ned's comment now.

> I'm going to hold off on moving to beta for a day or two to see if we
> can get this resolved first, so that the Bitstream fonts can still make
> it in.  (I'll still try to push out the current updates tonight,
> though.)

  One thing we could do is to embed the base64 encoded .ttf data in a
.cs file and create the TextStyle by calling TTCFont
class>>newTextStyleFromTTStream:.  As we know that what is broken is
the #collectionFromCompressedMIMEString: and
compressedMIMEEncodedStream, this could be an easier way for 3.7.

-- Yoshiki