uploading project files on SM

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Wed Mar 10 10:12:35 UTC 2004

Romain Robbes <rrobbes at info.unicaen.fr> wrote:
> Hi Göran and all,
>
> Would it be possible to upload registered packages directly on the SM
> server ?
> Is it possible storage and ressource-wise?
>
> That would be useful as I for example am behind a proxy,
> which effectively forbids me to access all packages that
> are on SqueakSource due to it's port number. That would also
> prevents dead links to appear with time (of course, if the link
> is dead, chances are the package is no longer maintened ...).
>
> Thanks in advance,

That feature has been there since the launch of SM2 in fact. Login and
click on "Upload file" or whatever I called it. Uses normal Form POST,
should work fine through firewalls and proxies.

We use this for "standard" packages and later a server side cache will
also prevent dead links for all packages.

regards, Göran