Why multiple change files?

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Wed Mar 10 15:17:08 UTC 2004

On Mar 9, 2004, at 11:55 PM, tim Rowledge wrote:

> How much work would it be to to have MC track the individual
> compilations so that changelog like facilities could be integrated
> with the current ones?

Well, it would be possible now that we have Roel's
SystemChangeNotification. Before that there was not way for MC to get
notified of changes other than method compilations.

I'm not sure what you have in mind though. Are you imagining
eliminating the changes file and storing all history in an MC
repository? Or, going in the opposite direction, of somehow recording
the "intermediate" states of a package when a version is saved?

Colin