changing key mappings

Romain Robbes rrobbes at info.unicaen.fr
Fri Mar 12 08:36:05 UTC 2004

Le 11 mars 04, à 15:10, C. David Shaffer a écrit :

> Romain Robbes wrote:
>
>> OK it works fine .... except maybe that the error messages
>> are a bit obscure (The "duplicate entry" error message).
>> For the sample example provided (m-8 t 1) I had to
>> remove the previous m-8 binding, which seems fine
>> but wasn't obvious.
>>
>> The second one (m-8 T 2) seems incorrect, as when
>> I recapture it I get m-8 s-t 2. But I am unable to accept it either,
>> due to the "duplicate entry" error message.
>>
>> So it is still a bit rough on the edges, but nonetheless quite
>> promising :-).
>>
>>     Romain
>>

> Thanks for the feedback.

You're welcome :-)

>  I'll definitely improve the handling of duplicate entries and shifted
> keys in the next release.  Previously I didn't handle duplicates at
> all so my current sloppy hack is just there to prevent them.  As for
> the s-t vs T...this is a platform dependent issue which I am very
> interested in straightening out (some platforms don't list shift as a
> qualifier they just give the capital keycode, others include the shift
> qualifier and give a lowercase keycode).  What platform are you using?

Mac OS X panther

> ...just so I can add one more datapoint to my list.  Also, what does
> your platform report when you do something like meta-shift-2?
  <ms-2>

>  What about meta-shift-Insert (if your keyboard has such a key).

Sorry, I searched for  hours but didn't find it ...
(I have a laptop, so it isn't there as far as I know ... since I never
use it,
I never noticed :-))

> Your feedback is much appreciated.  Anyone else that wants to post
> some datapoints for me (platform and response to various shift, ctrl
> and meta-key combinations), that would be helpful as well.

ctrl-2 gives me : <c-ì>     (i accented)
alt-2 gives me the Trademark character
ctrl-alt-2 gives me the same as ctrl-2
ctrl-meta-2 : <cm-ì>
ctrl-shift-2 : <cs-ì>