Learning Smalltalk

Aaron Lanterman lanterma at ece.gatech.edu
Sat Mar 13 03:33:53 UTC 2004

I'll toss in two other thoughts here:

1) After going through Mark Guzdial's white book, get his blue book (the
one he edited along with Kim Rose), and go through the Morphic tutorial,
with Squeak up and running trying stuff out.

2) Buy, borrow, or steal Kent Beck's "Guide to Better Smalltalk" - it was
only after reading this that I thought I could truly grow to like the
language, since it gave me a real sense of how to use Smalltalk in a nitty
gritty down-in-the-details kind of way.

- Aaron

Dr. Aaron Lanterman, Asst. Prof.       Voice:  404-385-2548
School of Electrical and Comp. Eng.    Fax:    404-894-8363
Georgia Institute of Technology        E-mail: lanterma at ece.gatech.edu
Mail Code 0250                         Web:    users.ece.gatech.edu/~lanterma
Atlanta, GA 30332                      Office: GCATT 334B