Entering code

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Mon Mar 15 15:34:27 UTC 2004

On Mar 13, 2004, at 4:02 AM, Trygve Reenskaug wrote:

> P.S.
> I still seem to end up with many windows. Browsers, hierarchy
> browsers, protocol browsers, method browsers are all useful for their
> specialities. I sorely miss the very old Tectronix browser that
> elegantly combines them all. I believe there is work going on in this
> direction. If not, I hope to find time writing one.

Reducing window clutter is one of the purposes of the "chasing"
browsers that are part of OmniBrowser. (Available on SqueakMap,
bleeding edge version here: <http://monticello.wiresong.ca/ob/>.) I'd
be very interested to know what you think of them.

Also, being a relatively new Smalltalker, I'm not familiar with the
Tectronix browsers. Can you describe more specifically how they worked
(interface-wise) and what you liked about them? Any grizzled ST
veterans got Tectronix documentation lying around?

Colin